The Women's Ministry of Crossway Church exists to strengthen the women of Crossway Church as we seek to glorify God in the work that he has given us to do, and to provide opportunities for us to strengthen others as we seek to glorify God by loving and serving His people.
We endeavor to accomplish this through a variety of venues for fellowship, encouragement and serving, while we celebrate being women who are called to reflect our joyful and magnificent Savior in all that we do.
Please check the calendar for upcoming events or check out the information below.
Women’s Ministry calendar for 2017-2018
The Women's Ministry Team would like to let you know of upcoming dates to put on your calendar for women's events here at Crossway. We're looking forward to this year!
We want to encourage you that all the women's ministry events at Crossway are open to guests! We always make our plans with guests in mind. So don't hesitate to invite people to any women's event.
- March 21st
- July 18th
Workshop #1--Making Christmas Dinner with Abby Odell
- Description: Come learn how to make a holiday meal from the main dish to the side dishes from a woman who has years of experience in making fresh, unprocessed food while raising an active family. Samples will be served.
- Location: Abby’s home in Willow Street
- Price $7 per person
Workshop #2—Holiday Flower Arranging with Dawn Mellinger
- Description: This workshop will be very informative as well as hands on. You will make a Christmas centerpiece and be presented with ideas for other centerpieces, outside pots, and how to embellish an evergreen wreath.
- Location: J&C Auto in Smoketown, 200 Witmer Road, Lancaster, PA 17602
- Price $25 per person
Workshop #3--Holiday Gift Wrapping with Krista Oliver
- Description: Whether you love wrapping gifts or find it frustrating, come be inspired and equipped to wrap all things creatively and on a budget this holiday season. Take-home projects, accessories, and some wrapping paper will be included. You’re invited to bring up to 2 boxed gifts for practice.
- Location: Krista’s home in Strasburg
- Price $7
Workshop #4--Wooden Crafts with Kaeley Groff and Krista Winkler
- Description: Whether you are crafty or not, this workshop is for you! There will be 3 options. You may have time to do both #1 and #2, but #3 will take the whole time.
- #1 Pallet tabletop trough (6” x 6” x 24”). Price = $10 per person
- #2 Twig letter (10” letter of your choice covered with horizontally aligned twigs). Price = $5 per person
- #3 Hand-painted sign (2 sizes to choose from: 12” x 24” or 12” x 36”; you can free hand draw it or copy using a transfer; we will have a variety of sayings available: holiday, scripture, general). Price = $11 Location: church basement
Workshop #5--Birdseed Wreaths with Monica Gehman
- Description: If you are looking for an easy but unique gift for the bird-lover in your life, or you enjoy feeding the birds, this workshop is for you. You will make a Bundt cake sized wreath with various decorative options.
- Location: church basement
- Price $7
We would also like to offer more workshop events in the winter/spring. We'll let you know details as we get them......and if anyone if interested in doing a workshop, please contact the Women's Ministry Team. We're looking for you!!
Moms & Tots group:
- We're excited about our Moms & Tots group this year. We will be meeting 10 consecutive Wednesday's. January 31st---Arpril 4th from 10:00am - 11:30am.
- Registration and details will be forthcoming.
Women's 50+ Tea:
- April 14, 2018 -- invite guests -- we look forward to this event!
We have a few other plans in the works and will let you know as soon as we can confirm them. Thank you for your joyful participation in the community of women here at Crossway. The Lord has good things for us in the days ahead. He wants to build us into a strong community of faith.
Looking forward to doing this together,