We call our youth ministry “Doxa” which is a Greek word that means “glory.” It is our desire to see young people strive towards the chief end of glorifying God and enjoying Him forever. At the center of glorifying God is trusting in Jesus Christ for salvation. Each time we get together for a corporate meeting, discussion groups, a fun activity, or service project, the Gospel is at the center of our teaching and mission.
Crossway Church is deeply committed to the view that parents play the primary role in the spiritual upbringing of their sons and daughters. We believe this responsibility does not stop with childhood, but continues as they become teenagers. Doxa is designed to assist parents as they help their teens navigate these critical years of their lives. The focus of Doxa is to see our teens grow in their appetite to follow Jesus and teach them about the deep truths of the Christian faith. To achieve this our parents play an active role.
Doxa is open to all youth in 7th to 12th grade and their parents. We meet an average of 3-4 times a month on Saturday or Sunday Nights at 6pm. Monthly corporate meetings form the backbone of our schedule which is punctuated by events like our Kickoff Party, Reformation Party, Winter Lock-In and Senior Send-Off. See our calendar for upcoming meetings.
Once a year, in June, we host a 4-day Youth Camp event, in which the youth of a few other churches join us. Youth Camp provides a fabulous opportunity for our youth to grow as they experience biblical preaching, provoking discussion groups, memory making activities (like our one-of-a-kind Carnival) and camping on our very own 76-acre property! Watch the 2021 Youth Camp video here!
DOXA Calendar of Events
November 2022 Events
- 11/20 – Campfire and Worship Night
December 2022 Events
- 12/18 – Christmas Party
The Seven Sayings of Jesus on the Cross Series:
- 9/25 – “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.”
- 10/9 – “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
- 10/23 – “Woman, behold, your son!” … “Behold, your mother!”
- 11/13 – “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?“
- 12/11 – “I thirst.”
- 1/15 – “It is finished.”
- 2/26 – “Father, into your hands I commit my Spirit!”
- 9/27 – “Defending and Contending for the Faith”
“Lies My Culture Tells Me” Series:
- 10/11 – “You Must Love Yourself Before You Can Love Others”
- 10/25 – “Believe in Yourself. You Can Do Anything You Want”
- 11/8 – “You’re Perfect Just the Way You Are”
- 11/22 – “Love is Love”
- 12/13 – “Black Lives Matter”
- 2/28 – “Science is Real”
- 3/14 – “The Wrong Side of History”
- 3/28 – “Cancel Culture”